ITT Cannon celebrates its 100-year legacy of creating products that enable breakthrough innovation across aerospace and related industries
SANTA ANA, Calif., June 12, 2015
– ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT) and its Cannon
brand will showcase a range of interconnect solutions at the 2015 International Paris Air Show. The company will highlight its broad range of solutions for commercial and defense aerospace customers at Stand A98 in Hall 3 at Paris–Le Bourget Airport, June 15-21.
"Our connectors had an immediate transformative impact on the early aerospace industry, with every U.S. aircraft manufacturer using our products by the late 1930s," said Tom Cruz, vice president and general manager, aerospace and defense for ITT's Interconnect Solutions business. "Today, our connectors are smaller and lighter than ever, and are present on most major commercial and military aircraft, enabling superior performance of technologies we couldn't have imagined when our AF connector first flew with the Douglas DC-1."
From navigation, communication and control systems, to engines, imaging systems and in-flight entertainment, Cannon offers high-performance, off-the-shelf and customized solutions to support all segments of commercial and defense aviation. Cannon's continual drive for more robust, compact and lightweight connectors helps aircraft manufacturers and operators achieve optimal performance and efficiency, while delivering an enhanced passenger experience.
Among its many solutions for the aerospace industry, ITT will showcase the following products at this year's Paris Air Show:
- OctoGig – A high-bandwidth data connector that offers a ten-fold increase in transfer rates compared to existing solutions; the eight-conductor termini's reduced size and weight, ease of installation and transfer rates to 10 Gbps allow for higher-performance and cost-efficiency. OctoGig is ideally suited for in-flight entertainment and navigation systems in commercial aircraft, as well as navigation, imaging and sensing systems in military aircraft and marine transports such as aircraft carriers and submarines.
- HSC Connectors – An extensive line of small rectangular connectors providing high reliability in rugged, exposed environments and supporting a variety of missions, including future soldier applications. The connectors' flush surface and low profile allows for easy integration into handheld or portable devices required to transfer high-speed data at low power levels.
- K-Lock Ultra High-Vibration Locking Coupling system – This high-performance locking coupling system delivers unmatched reliability for electrical connections by eliminating unexpected decoupling and the need for a secondary lock. K-Lock's stainless steel construction can withstand 100 g of shock and 2,000 Hz of vibration. K-Lock's extreme durability and adaptability to multiple lines of connector products make it the optimal solution for aircraft, missiles, rockets and other high-performance applications.
- Black Zinc Nickel Plating – The innovative black zinc nickel alloy provides long-lasting corrosion-resistance to exposed connector surfaces in the commercial and military aircraft industry. Cannon's Black Zinc Nickel plating solution is designed to U.S. military specifications and is also fully compliant with the European Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive to eliminate the use of environmentally hazardous heavy metal.
Visit the ITT exhibit in Hall 3, Stand A98 at the 2015 Paris Air Show to learn more about how ITT's Cannon brand has helped make history and is continuing its legacy of innovation to enable future breakthroughs in aerospace and aviation.