Cannon connectors celebrate more than 60 years of service on unmanned systems, from the earliest jet-powered target vehicles to the most advanced unmanned platforms in service today.
SANTA ANA, Calif., May 5, 2015
– ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT) and its Cannon
brand will exhibit a wide range of interconnect solutions at the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Unmanned Systems 2015
trade show at booth 2032 on May 5-7 in Atlanta, Ga.
ITT's Cannon brand, which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year, offers defense and commercial aircraft customers a robust line of interconnect solutions for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and other robotic platforms. These include circular, rectangular, filtered, fiber-optic, miniaturized, nano and high-bandwidth data and RF connectors to comprehensively meet mission requirements.
"This is a very special year for Cannon, in which we mark 100 years of business and more than 60 years of service to the unmanned systems market." said Tom Cruz, vice president and general manager, aerospace and defense, for ITT's Interconnect Solutions business. "From the earliest UAVs to the most sophisticated platforms flying today, Cannon connectors have a legacy of delivering the capabilities unmanned systems need to succeed in their critical missions."
Cannon's highly engineered products are rugged yet lightweight, and designed to support the full scope of missions in the demanding environments in which UAVs operate. Cannon connectors support a variety of functions and onboard systems, including GPS and imaging systems, power transmission and high-bandwidth radio frequency communication.
Among its comprehensive portfolio of compact and lightweight products for the unmanned market, ITT will showcase:
- Power and signal connectors, like the MKJ and Nemesis range, which offer high-density contact arrangements and a variety of coupling configurations within a form factor half the size and one-third the weight of standard 38999 connectors;
- TMDM Filters, which reliably shield against electromagnetic pulse, radio frequency interference, lightning and electrostatic discharge in challenging, signal-dense environments;
- Nano-D connectors, a miniaturized alternative to traditional Micro D connectors, which incorporate the highly reliable twist pin concept and allow for continuity in extremely dense areas and under severe shock and vibration;
- FRF Firewall connectors, which enable electrical circuits to function safely inside the engine firewall of military and commercial aircraft. These connectors provide protection against high temperatures, emergency fire retardant conditions, moisture and atmospheric changes, as well as resistance to fuels, cleaning agents, coolants and hydraulic fluids.
"Cannon's precision-engineered, lightweight and rugged connectors set the industry standard for performance and reliability in the most demanding conditions," said Mike Savage, director, product management, aerospace and defense, for ITT's Interconnect Solutions business. "Our history, coupled with unparalleled engineering and testing resources, has established ITT's Cannon brand as one of the premier providers of interconnect solutions for unmanned systems."