ITT Cannon exhibit includes ruggedized, harsh-environment connectors for soldier-worn systems, military aviation, ground vehicles, missiles and ordnance
IRVINE Calif., Oct. 3, 2016
– ITT Inc.'s (NYSE:ITT) Cannon
brand will showcase its range of high-performance, harsh-environment interconnect solutions for the defense industry at the 2016 Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting & Exposition Oct. 3-5, booth #3338, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
During the three-day event, ITT Cannon will highlight custom engineering capabilities and connector solutions designed to perform under the extreme shock, exposure and vibration conditions of military environments.
From soldier-worn technology and avionics to ground vehicles and missile systems, ITT Cannon connectors enable operations on land, in the air, at sea and in space, with high reliability to ensure success in critical missions. ITT Cannon's off-the-shelf connectors and custom engineering capabilities support the fast-evolving needs of the modern global military landscape.
"With 100 years of innovative history, ITT Cannon's precision-engineered, rugged solutions set the industry standard for performance and reliability," said Tom Cruz, interim president of ITT Interconnect Solutions and vice president and general manager for Aerospace and Defense. "Having served military customers for decades, we remain committed to the safety, mobility and connectivity of military personnel for whom unfaltering performance and reliability is mandatory."
Among its many solutions for military and defense, ITT Cannon will showcase the following products at AUSA 2016:
- Combo-D with High Efficiency Power Contacts – The latest addition to the ITT Cannon Combination D-Subminiature product line, Combo-D with high-efficiency power (HEP) contacts features innovative canted coil spring technology that increases the 40A electrical current rating in a standard size 8 contact to a range of 65–70A, a 62% to 75% increase. Combo-D with HEP contacts is engineered for use in a variety of military applications, from ordnance and military transports to shipboard radar and satellite systems.
- MKJ Miniature Circular Connectors – With a unique combination of functionality and flexibility, ITT Cannon's MKJ Miniature Circular Connector series is a lightweight, reliable interconnect solution that enables critical communication, navigation and high-speed data transmission – at half the size and weight of standard military connectors. Customers can choose from UNC thread, double start, triple start, bayonet and breakaway coupling methods in a highly engineered design.
- Nemesis – The Nemesis family of connectors offers ultra-small, lightweight interconnect capabilities for soldier-worn communications, navigation and tactical equipment. These ruggedized connectors are ideally suited for reducing cognitive burden and aiding increased situational awareness for dismounted personnel. They also support integrated systems that help enhance mobility and safety for modern defense forces.
- HSC Connector – For box mount applications where space is at a premium and a low-profile rectangular connector solution is preferred, ITT Cannon's HSC Connector is designed to facilitate light, flat, small signal carrying interfaces for popular soldier worn applications such as hand-held radios, night vision goggles, GPS devices and computers.
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Double-Flange Receptacles for PCB Mounting – ITT Cannon's robust 38999 Series III double-flange receptacles for printed circuit board mounting are highly engineered for use in high vibration, harsh environment applications including airborne and ground platforms. They are designed to conveniently allow for attachment directly to the connector shell, improving grounding, reducing contact solder joint stress and eliminating extra hardware. The series is available in Cannon's full range of standard Cannon KJB contact arrangements.