Four new products with groundbreaking features will complement ITT BIW Connector Systems' full portfolio, offering the broadest set of capabilities and performance for a wide range of applications
IRVINE, Calif., April 24, 2017
– ITT Inc.'s (NYSE:ITT) BIW Connector Systems
brand will introduce four new electric submersible pump (ESP) solutions at the Society of Petroleum Engineers' ESP Symposium April 24-28, 2017 in The Woodlands, Texas.
Engineered to solve challenging problems across an extensive range of upstream pumping applications, the new penetrator systems offer functional breakthroughs and unparalleled value for the upstream oil and gas market.
"From the simplest, low production well completions to the most demanding well conditions, ITT BIW Connector Systems now offers the most comprehensive set of solutions for ESP electrical connection challenges," said John Dutil, vice president and general manager of ITT Interconnect Solutions' Oil & Gas business. "In line with our promise to provide advanced products, superior reliability and extended product lifetime, these new products will be of high value to our customers and improve their business performance."
ITT BIW Connector Systems will introduce four new high-value solutions at Display Stand #50-52 in the Exhibit Hall:
- Presta™ GS Splice – This innovative mechanical splice offers a reliable, affordable and easy-to-assemble alternative to traditional hand taped splices for both new and workover ESP completions. Presta GS Splice is uniquely designed and engineered for ease of use in vertical splices, on top of rig towers and other difficult configurations without the need for specialized, craft-trained technicians. Presta GS saves rig time and resources and is qualified in ITT BIW Connector Systems' environmental chambers to work in the most demanding environments of up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and 5000 psi. To find out more about the specific uses of Presta™ GS Splice, view this video on YouTube or on the BIW Connector Systems website.
- Tri-Lok™ Penetrator System – For years, ITT BIW Connector Systems' Tri-Lok Penetrator system has reliably delivered electricity downhole in wellheads not originally intended for electrical penetration. Now, Tri-Lok surface connectors allow customers to retrofit to existing surface cable infrastructure. Tri-Lok surface connectors offer greater ease of use by simplifying installation with ITT BIW Connector Systems' Quick Connect™ Technology, which makes the connector fully explosion-proof certified by allowing it to be fastened and removed by hand with one complete turn. More flexible cables also make installation easier to adapt to any wellhead configuration. The Tri-Lok surface connector is reusable and certified to both ATEX explosion-proof specifications and IP68, ensuring reliable performance even when submerged in up to 40 feet of water.
- Uni-Lok™ Penetrator System – A highly affordable system for low-pressure wellheads (up to 3000 psi) that offers a true pressure block for lower production wells, Uni-Lok delivers dependable safety at the wellhead without the cost associated with higher pressure-blocking penetrators. The connector also allows retrofitting to any surface cable infrastructure. Its very narrow diameter enables it to fit through virtually any wellhead and is potentially suitable to safely replace unsafe pack-off sealing. Uni-Lok is qualified to the most rigorous specifications through BIW Connector Systems' testing and qualification regimen at 300 degrees Fahrenheit and 5000 psi, and is available in both C1D2 and ATEX explosion-proof certified configurations.
- Metal-Lok™ Slimline Penetrator System – An extremely high-utility system that can be configured for all applications, Metal-Lok Slimline is a narrower-diameter yet high-current solution that fits 90 percent of all upstream pumping applications. By standardizing the use of Metal-Lok Slimline, customers can reduce inventory and training costs and dramatically improve reliability. This connector also incorporates ITT BIW Connector Systems' Quick Connect™ Technology, and, for the first time, offers crimp-free contacts, eliminating the need for crimping tools and simplifying the assembly process. Metal-Lok Slimline is qualified to the most rigorous specifications at 300 degrees Fahrenheit and 5000 psi. When the system becomes available in the Fall of 2017, it will also be C1D1 and ATEX explosion-proof certified.
For more than 40 years, ITT BIW Connector Systems has connected the world to energy sources in some of the harshest environments, helping energy companies meet the growing demand of their global customers. ITT BIW Connector System's products provide reliable electrical penetration through well barriers and ensure the highest performance and safe operation of submerged electrical pumps.